Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Thank You to Alice for My Quote in Wake Living Fall 2010 Issue

It is important to show gratitude in business, and it is important to give and give back. Somewhere, somehow in the cosmos, there is a store of benevolent energy that is created on your behalf when you give unconditionally. That is not only true in our personal lives, but in our professional lives as well. Of course, we are entrepreneurs to make a living, and to brand ourselves as the experts. But all in all, when we stop to breathe, to gather and to allocate some of our energy away from ourselves whether to a colleague's efforts or to some worthy cause, it always opens other channels of opportunity.

That's why I share with you that I have a moment, rather, a day, filled with gratitude for the opportunity I was given by Alice Osborn to help her with an article on Outdoor Lighting Trends in Wake County for Wake Living Magazine. Now, mind you, I gathered a lot of information and a lot of contacts, and took a lot of photographs of projects I haven't taken before. It was far more than she needed, but I did it because I was excited to be a part of a journalist's "creation." I shared a lot of good knowledge without expecting credit, but somewhere along the line, a little bird told me I might be quoted.

So with great gratitude, I share with you that I was quoted in this quarter's Wake Living, as well as in Fifteen 501 which is the Durham Chapel Hill equivalent of Wake Living. I am not sure whether Fifteen 501 contains exactly the same text, but I appear in the Wake Living, in the article called, Let There Be Light, fall, 2010 Issue, page 80, "You want to put your lights into your plantings so that you get a beautiful glow," says Meg Russell, an eco-broker with Southern Wake Realty (now with Raleigh Cary Realty)."

She goes on to say, "Russell, who works with clients on their building and remodeling projects 

(exclusively with Cedarbrook Construction though this text not included), suggests finding a focal point such as a pool, pond or waterfall, and then adding primary colors or color-changing effects with fiber-optics to add drama."

So, thank you, Alice, who participates in several organizations of which I am also a member.  I was happy to be of help!  The article looks great! If anyone has the recent issue of Fifteen-501, I am looking for a scan of it because there is a photo from my own collection in the same article. Happy August, blogreaders!


Meg Russell
Southern Wake Realty
Green Triangle Realty Group


Voice & Text: 919-795-5973
God grant me the resources to leave my small
piece of the planet greener than the way I found it,
the courage to ACT daily with compassion for all Your creatures
great and small, and time on Earth to teach others to do the same.

| Facebook | Twitter
P Please consider the environment Ybefore printing this email

Posted via email from ReGREEN Nation Press Release Headquarters

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share